The MASP Awards have become a prestigious calendar event for the architecture and interior design industry. Winners are given a year-long window of exposure and publicity through various TV programmes, social media posts, newspaper and magazine articles, outdoor exhibition and a high quality coffee-table publication. Every category award winner will also be presented with a framed certificate and a distinct and elegant trophy designed and produced by Contemporary modern artist Kane Cali. A commemorative bronze plaque will also be presented to the owners of the property for which the award was given.
- All submissions in any category must have been carried out within the Maltese Islands.
- Registration and Payment must be made online. Entries will not be accepted without payment. Entrants will receive confirmation that their entry or entries have been successfully received via email once payment has been made. No other payment method will be accepted except at the discretion of the Planning Authority.
- An entry may be submitted in a maximum of two categories as long as they meet the specific category description and criteria. Each category entry is a separate unique submission; independent of any other entry even if of the same work.
Fees & Payment
- An entry fee of €135* for each project submitted will be charged for the first category submittal and €85 for an additional category submittal of the same project. An early bird offered and will be applicable up to Friday 13th January 2023. For the early bird period the submission entry fee will be €95 for the first category submission and €60 for the additional category.* Architectural Students applying for the Urban Planning Concept Award and Small Projects Award will be charged €25.00. Submissions for the Architecture Photography Award will be €45.00.
- If you choose to submit a project in two categories, then you will need to fill in two separate forms, since the fields in each category submission are not all identical.
- Payment must be made online. Entries will not be accepted without payment. No other payment method will be accepted except at the discretion of the Planning Authority.
Why you should showcase your projects ... with the chance to win
- Boosts morale in your team;
- Valuable experience of overcoming the challenge of putting your story out there;
- Gives you credibility within the industry;
- Fantastic platform for all things marketing – exposure, brand development, advertising and endorsement.
- The adjudicating committee will be made up of a minimum of six (6) persons including the Chairperson.
- The adjudicating committee decision is final with no appeals will be entertained.
- Each member of the adjudicating committee will agree to a non-disclosure agreement and declaration of no interest as a condition of acceptance.
- Every member shall be duty-bound to abstain from sitting on the adjudicating committee or to attend any meeting in which s/he may have a conflict of interest.
- The jury may request a site visit to any project it may deem necessary. Entrants are to notify property owners of this possible eventuality.
- The jury reserves the right to consider a submitted project in a category other than the category the project was originally entered into.
Terms and Conditions
The material submitted by any entries may be displayed at an exhibition organiser by the Authority.
The Authority reserves the right to make use of all photography, drawings and other information submitted by an entrant for any publicity and promotional purposes related to the Awards. Entrants by way of their submission are giving the organisers the right to reproduce any of the material in whole or in part without payment of copyright.
Applicants represent and warrant that all materials submitted will not infringe or constitute a misappropriation of any right of any third party, including any copyrights or confidentiality rights and agree to protect the Planning Authority against any liabilities, damages, losses, costs or expenses arising as a result thereof.
Any entrant who upon registration enters false information may result in disqualification.