The Award recognises an individual young architect’s significant contribution to design excellence and advancement towards the architectural practice in an early stage of their architectural career.
Emerging Architect Award
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit who has not more than ten years experience as a sole practitioner or within a firm of architects when submission for this year’s awards nominations close.
- Projects have to be completed between January 2011 and September 2020.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Submit a portfolio with a minimum of five projects. A minimum of one project must be completed and built. A maximum of two maybe work-in-progress; while a maximum of two projects can be a concept idea;
- In all 5 projects, the Perit must clearly identify what measures are incorporated to reduce negative environmental impact and to enhance the positive social impact;
- If a Perit is not the architect who signed off the approved project but was a key player in the design and implementation of the project, then the Perit will need to get written consent from the responsible architect or firm that he/she can submit the project under his/her name.
- Drawings and photos are required as with all submitted projects.