For the interior space of a new residential property or the renovation of an existing residential property. Nominees need to highlight how the project managed to fulfil the true potential of a space, maximise the benefit of environmental influences such as natural light, sound, ventilation and incorporate innovative material and fabrics.
• The projects must have been completed between January 2020 and by the end of December 2023.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
• Documentation on innovative materials used in the project, or their innovative application;
• What measures were taken to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact and how well were those measures carried out.
• Photos showing the before and after of the interior design project;
• Photos of the completed project.
- Form: Through its materiality, spatial layout, colours and clever detailing, is the project clearly recognizable and relevant in its response to its site, audience and intent?
- Function: Does the design positively contribute to making the project work well for the intended use, including for its client, users, and the Impact: public at large?
- Impact: Does the design project provide a surprise element? Carry orginality and timelessness? Is it emotional engaging?
- Environmental consideration: What active and passive means were used to assure more efficient use of energy and minimise negative impacts on the ecological environment?
- Innovative: Does the project have originality of concept and thinking? Has the design enabled the project to take a fresh approach? Does it work to improve existing practices? Does it push material and conceptual boundaries?