For projects which promote the conservation and rehabilitation of historic building/s towards its adaptive reuse. Each nomination should show that through sensitive interventions, the historical integrity of the building and the legibility of its original design are enhanced. The project needs to clearly highlight how the adaptive reuse of the existing building/s was carried out and what interventions were made for the property to meet contemporary requirements while retaining its historic character.
Rehabilitation & Conservation Award
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit or a practicing firm of architects;
- The projects must have been approved by the Planning Authority after the 1st January 2016 and carried out, completed and commissioned before the end of October 2021.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Entries should submit an approved Restoration Method Statement and any ensuing addenda;
- Summary of the adaptive reuse and what interventions were carried out to the building;
- Documentation from the project lifespan showing what the innovative application of conservation technologies were utilised;
- What clear ‘energy-saving’ measures were taken to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact and how well were these measures carried out.
- Photos of the building in its wider context, showing how the project has positively contributed to its surroundings (before and after);
- Photos of the completed project.