For projects where the primary focus was to restore and preserve the authenticity of a building/monument’s character, historic periods and its features.
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit or a practising firm of architects;
- The projects must have been approved by the Planning Authority after the 1st January 2016 and restored, completed and commissioned before the end of October 2021.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Entries should submit an approved Restoration Method Statement (RMS) and any ensuing addenda;
- If the project includes the reconstruction of missing features, sources documenting the property’s historic appearance should be provided unless done so in the RMS;
- Documentation from the project lifespan showing what the innovative application of conservation technologies were utilised;
- What ‘energy-saving’ measures were taken to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact and how well were these measures carried out;
- Photos of the monument or building in its wider context, showing how the project has positively contributed to its surroundings (before and after);
- Photos of the completed project.