For projects which are still in their concept stage, where innovative planning solutions have been identified through which existing challenges in a given space may be addressed. The plan needs to highlight the likely positive impact it may create on the environmental quality of a place and the beneficial social impacts it has the potential to bring about.
Urban Planning Concept Award
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit, a practising firm of architects, a professional Planner or students reading for an undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral research course at the University of Malta.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Drawings and images of the proposed design;
- Details of proposed features that have the potential to raise the environmental credentials of the project while enhancing the quality of life of its users;
- Details of how the project fits within the overall context and the transition between the project and its surroundings;
- What clear ‘energy-saving’ measures are proposed to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact.