For community, social, educational and religious buildings or factories, retail outlets, shopping malls and offices. Project needs to showcase how the holistic design of the building contributed towards quality architecture and a people-oriented approach. Where the building is of a commercial nature, the submission needs to also clearly indicate how a high-quality working environment for employees was provided for. Nominations must also highlight how the project enriched the context within which it is located.
Commercial & Public Buildings Award
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit or a practising firm of architects;
- The projects must have been approved by the Planning Authority after the 1st January 2016 and built, completed and commissioned before the end of October 2021.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Documentation on innovative materials used in the project, or their innovative application;
- What clear ‘energy-saving’ measures were taken to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact and how well were those measures carried out;
- Photos of the building in its wider context, showing how the project has positively contributed to its surroundings (before and after);
- Photos of the completed project.