For projects which sought the creation or enhancement of public open spaces (eg. waterfronts, streets, squares and recreational open areas). Projects need to highlight how the open space achieved a quality design and successfully integrated elements of accessibility and connectivity, shelter/shade, landscaping, urban furniture and lighting.
Public Open Spaces Award
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit or a practising firm of architects;
- The projects must have been approved by the Planning Authority after 1st January 2016 and built, completed and commissioned before the end of October 2021.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Documentation of how the project has been appropriated by the community towards serving their need for public open spaces and enhancing their quality of life;
- What innovative approach ways adopted to provide open space amenity;
- What clear ‘energy-saving’ measures were taken to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact and how well were those measures carried out.
- Photos of the open space in its wider context, showing how the project has positively contributed to its surroundings (before and after);
- Photos of the completed project.