For apartment blocks, tall buildings and multiple dwellings (eg. cluster of villas, terraced houses, farmhouses). Projects need to showcase how the residential development is designed with high indoor/outdoor amenity space and accommodation standards. The project needs to showcase how it is contributing towards a successful streetscape and the wider urban settlement. This award will not assess the interior design/layout of any single dwelling.
Residential Architecture Award
- Submissions can only be made by a local warranted Perit or a practising firm of architects;
- The projects must have been approved by the Planning Authority after the 1st January 2016 and built, completed and commissioned before the end of October 2021.
- The project may contain a minimal commercial component within the building.
Compulsory Entry Requirements
- Documentation on innovative solutions that were used within the project which raised accommodation standards for the occupants;
- What clear ‘energy-saving’ measures were taken to reduce the project’s overall environmental impact and how well were those measures carried out;
- Photos of the building in its wider context, showing how the project has positively contributed to its surroundings (before and after);
- Photos of the completed project.